PLEASE NOTE: The Foundation is no
longer accepting applications.
About the Loans:
- A maximum of $12,000 to undergraduate students
- A maximum of $18,000 to graduate students (amount
includes any undergraduate Gibson Foundation loans)
- 2% annual interest until one year after graduation when
it increases to 5%
- Regular principal payments begin one year after
- Loans are made at the sole discretion of the Trustees
who carefully consider each applicant's character, reputation, academic
record and sense of responsibility.
- Family home is located in western Pennsylvania
(long-term residency required)
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student in a
baccalaureate (BS/BA), or graduate degree program
- At least one full-time year of studies in current
degree program completed within the past four months
- Good academic standing (MINIMUM 2.8 G.P.A. CUMULATIVE
AND FOR THE MOST RECENT TWO SEMESTERS)
- Able to demonstrate financial need
- Existing debt must fall within established Foundation
parameters. Please be prepared to disclose cumulative credit card and
educational debt amounts (for undergraduate and graduate school) before
contacting Lynn Dunbar.
- Part-time students, those who have taken a semester (or
longer) off, and students who have recently transferred must complete one
full-time year before becoming eligible for this program.
The Foundation does not accept
- Weekend college, distance learning or degree completion
- Students attending for-profit universities
- Students with a recent history of poor credit
Contact Lynn Dunbar via email (email@example.com) or
by telephone at (412) 261-1611 to verify eligibility and schedule an interview.
Interviews are conducted at the Foundation office in downtown Pittsburgh. Applications
may only be obtained during a scheduled interview. They are not available
through the mail or on the Internet.
Info | Education Trust | Medical Trust | Residency Requirement